Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Austin Swim Meet

This past weekend we took a trip down to Austin to watch my cousin M. compete in the Grand Prix Swim Meet at the University of Texas, she was hoping to cut her time by .04. This swim meet also gave her the chance to swim in the 2012 Olympics. We were so excited to go see her swim. I believe she did beat her time in the 200 fly. We were all so proud of her! She was sick during the meet and running a fever, we only got to see her swim on Saturday, as the nurse would not pass her to swim on Sunday. =( For being sick she still did awesome. There will be other meets this year for her to participate in, and hopefully we will see her in the Olympics!!!
The girls cheering on Cousin M. I forgot to mention above but we also got to see Michael Phelps swim. That was neat!!
Here he is in lane 4...winning of course
and.....you got it it, he came in first.
I was really bummed that I did not get any up close pics of my cousin M, so I stole this one off her FB page. She turned 17 on Friday, and is a Junior in High School. She is the one on the right! We don't see her much as she is part of my family who lives in CA.
It was neat seeing her name up on the board, she is in lane 5.
She is in lane 5, swimming the hardest stroke Butterfly!
I also snagged this pic off her FB page, but I think this is any amazing pic. Wish I could have gotten up close to get some pics like this. She has perfect form!
Look at her go! Remember she is running a fever and sick. She still kicked butt!
She came in second but beat her time by 02. So that was great!!!!


Congrats M we are so proud of you!!!!!








No comments: