I know it's not good to brag, so I am not going to really brag, just think of it as a proud Mom talking about her boy. =)
Stitch amazes me all the time. He started 6th grade in August, after being home schooled. I have to admit I was a little nervous, hoping I had taught him everything he needed to know. I am thrilled to report that either I am a great teacher or he is just an exceptional student. He has received 2 report cards already and all A*s. On top of his wonderful grades, let me just tell you of all his great accomplishments.
In Oct. he joined the Authors Club, he loves to read and write, so this was a perfect club for him. He has read 6 novels since school has started, this is what he does in his free time, and I don't know how this boy has free time. =)
In Nov. he tried out for the Whiz Quiz Team, and made the team. Every Tues since the beginning of Nov, he has been practicing. This is like jeopardy. A team from local schools and they compete against each other. It is mainly facts. Lets just say he had his first meet yesterday, and I knew maybe the answer to 15 of the questions out of the 60. Stitch did great at the meet, and his team won 185-155. He will have competitions every Tuesday until the middle of March.
In Dec. he tried out for the School Spelling Bee, not only did he qualify, but he scored the highest in the 6th grade class. His first Spelling Bee will be the 26th of this month. I am excited to go.
In Dec. he was nominated to be in the White Settlement School Districts GLO program. This program is for the Gifted and Talented. I am happy to report that he was accepted into the program. He will start on Monday.
Now remember he does all this and still has straight A*s!!!
Now for his sports. Stitch LOVES soccer!! He played this fall and scored 17 goals out of 8 games. His team took first place in their division.
He will be starting Basketball on Saturday, and yes he takes his Basketball just as serious!
He is also involved in the Church Youth Program!
He is one very busy boy! He still finds the time to do his Chores, play his video games, and be with friends.
I just wanted to let him know how proud I am!!! He is such an amazing young man!!! I love him so much!!! He sets such high standards for his sister. =) Luckily she has her own agenda. =)
I love you very much Stitch and I am so blessed to be your mother!
















1 comment:
Way to go, Garrett!! Hmmmm...wonder where you got your smarts!!!
Post a Comment