Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New York day 1

Saturday morning my Mom, Sister and I all headed off to New York City. Our flight left at 7am, it was an early morning but we were so excited to go. Here are my mom and Sister at the airport waiting for our flight. It was a long flight and we finally made it to New York around 12. My sister was terrified of our cab ride from the airport. I thought it was funny =) Here she is in the Hotel, we stayed at the Marriott Marque. A nice place in Time Square.
This was the view from our window, we were on the 34th floor.
The view again, you could see the water from our room
We decided to just start the day with some sight seeing around Time Square. I was amazed at all the advertisement and at how large the advertisement was. The pictures just don't show it.
There were mobs of people, but it was so much fun to be in the middle of it, crazy with cabs, people, buses, noises everywhere, and I was just soaking it all in.
Lots of advertisement for the new movies coming out.
This was on the Toys R Us building
The other side had Buzz
We thought this was so funny, and my mom was laughing at the fact that I took a picture of it. I was not the only one taking pictures.
A few blocks over and there was the girl one.
This is a show...we didn't go see it, but I had to get a picture of guys in towels.
This place was huge and so detailed, I did bring home the kids some candy from here, even though it was way overpriced I had to get the chocolate bars that said Time Square.
In Time Square there is a Ticket booth where you can buy tickets for around half price. They are last minute show tickets. We got tickets to see the Musical Chicago. It was awesome!!!
We didn't realize we bought such awesome seats, we were 3rd row! You could even see the spit come out of their mouths when they sang, great musical.
Excited for the show!!!!
My mom kept saying pose funny with the playbill, so we got Belle to do it. =)
After the Musical we went back out to Time Square and went on a bus tour. These tours were great, you buy a 3 day pass and there are 4 different tours you can take, you can hop of and on the bus, and pick it up at all different locations. The upper deck of the bus is all open, we rode up on the top the whole time. We took the night tour this time. Heading out of Time Square you can see the New Year Ball.
This building is called the flat iron building because of it's shape. It separated the street.

I took this picture of all these apartments to show Stitch how people lived out there.
This is the Brooklyn Bridge, I was on the Manhattan bridge while taking these pictures.
Another view from the bridge.
The Brooklyn Bridge again
Belle and I are BIG time fans of Sex and the City, we watched all the episodes, have them on dvd, and can not wait to see the 2nd one. We had to get a picture of this billboard.


we did see the Statue of Liberty on this tour but the picture I took of it did not turn out. After our tour we went to a cafe called Roxy's and had dinner. It was Mike's birthday today and we celebrated by having a pastrami sandwich for his birthday at the restaurant my mom and him went to several years ago while they were dating. We had a great day. we didn't stay out super late as we were all exhausted from getting up at 4am, I think were in by 10, I know party poopers, but we had a blast!!!!!!






















No comments: