Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mom & Dad's Turn

Have you ever seen kids whose clothes are too small, their hair is a mess. and they are dirty, and then you see Mom who looks like a million bucks. We have the opposite problem at our house. Our kids always are well put together healthy and then there is Mom and Dad. We have always made sure our kids had what they needed, clothes, vitamins, movies, shoes, eczema products, soccer stuff, ballet stuff, school stuff. You name it we have tried our best to provide it for them.
Well now it is Mom and Dad's turn. As many of you may have read from FB, King Louie's back went out on him. It had been hurting for the past year, but he was always able to manage it. I have severe back pain about 5 days a week. We just keep putting it on hold as something always came up. I recently needed dental work. I have not been to the dentist in 4 years. Yes that is right 4 years. I have not had a womanly physical since Minnie was born, she will be 6 in Dec. This weekend we talked and talked, and we are changing things up around here. We always budget for the kids but not for us. We love our kids deeply and would not have done things differently, but it is time for Mom and Dad to get fixed. They kids are on HOLD. Ha Ha seriously they don't need anything (except brown church shoes) We will still get them the basics, but King Louie and I need to spoil ourselves. First 2 things on the list are King Louie's back and my tooth. Then it is my back and King Louie's eyes. Not to alarm anyone but the Eye Dr. was concerned the last time we were there, he now has to see a specialist. =(
Please pray that our kids will continue to be healthy so we can finally give ourselves the medical, dental, items we need. =)
Both King Louie and I are looking forward to finally getting fixed. Maybe I can get rid of my migraines and back aches, and fix that toenail that won't grow. Now King Louie can get his back, gout, and eyes all fixed. Hooray for healthy parents!!!



1 comment:

Aly said...

I am guilty of the same thing! I put my kids first and neglect myself. Good for you for changing it up! Hope hubby gets his back fixed and you get your too toothfixed