As many know King Louie had back surgery in March. He recently went to his 3 month check, and the Dr. is very pleased with his recovery. They did an x-ray and everything is healing and growing properly. He will go back once more in 3 months. I am so thankful he has had such a great recovery, after he was off to such a rough start.
Now it's my turn, to get my back fixed. I too recently had an MRI as I am also in back pain. On Wed I went to the Specialist and this is what I found out!
I have degenerative discs on my L3 L4 & L5. This has put a lot of stress on my discs and the L5 has a fissure tear, that is protruding. This would explain way I have back pain....So this is the outcome for me.
I am not on *bed rest* but was told to take it very easy. No lifting, or doing anything strenuous. On July 15th I will be having a procedure done that will help me get some relief on the fissure tear. I am Freaked about doing a major surgery, so this will be a small surgery. =) roughly 2 weeks after this procedure I will have another one, to help with the degenerative discs, we will know in 3 weeks if these procedures have worked, and if not I will need surgery. So I pray they will work. I have also been taken off most of my pain meds, Motrin, Aleve, as they are blood thinners and I need my Platelet count up for the procedure, I was given pain meds to take at night, but if I am cranky during the day, it may just be back pain, don't take it personally. =)
I will keep everyone up to date on my back journey.
I may return to FB after the weekend, as I do miss seeing my friends and the positive posts, but I do like this new journey I am taking with my blog.
















1 comment:
If you need anything over the next few weeks to make things a little easier on you, let me know. Seriously, I'm around. Praying for you!
Post a Comment