That's right I am a Crazy Mom!!!!
That is what many of you may think of me after reading this or already do think of me, so here it is......
The story that started my Crazy Journey...Some of you have already heard this story.
It started the day of Stitch's 4 year well visit. I was so excited he would get to see a Pediatrician and not have to go to the Clinic. King Louie and I were recently married and we know had Medical Insurance. He was a healthy 4 year old. The nurse handed me the papers for his immunizations I signed them, not thinking twice. He received all 4 shots in his legs 2 in each. He cried like most kids, and then let out a blood curdling scream, that the shot was on fire, still to this day he calls it the Fire Shot...that would be the MMR. I was a little concerned and spoke to the nurse, she said give him some Motrin and he will be fine. Ok...she knows best right...she went to school for this.
As a treat for his shots I took Stitch to Mc.Donalds to get a happy meal. He was a calm 4 year old, not a crazy one, and used to talk your ear off in the car, about street signs and what they said, or how he was the next John Wayne. He spoke some in the car. As we were turning into our subdivision he started to kick the seat of the car, which was NOT like Stitch. As I turned to tell him NO, I saw the vomiting come up, his body starting to twitch. He was going into a seizure. I drove the last 2 blocks to our house like a mad women screaming for King Louie, Now cell phones were not a big thing back then this is the stone age. =) Together we took him to the ER. He was seen quickly and tests were run. He apparently had a reaction to one of the vaccines he was given, but since he had 4 that day there was no way of knowing which one, he will tell you the Fire Shot did it!
From that moment on I swore I would educate myself on everything that was injected into my children. I do not take vaccines lightly. Other than his Tetanus booster Stitch has not received any other vaccines. Since I had no clue which one caused him the seizure, I have been very picky and careful when it comes to Minnie's vaccines. She has only received the Tetanus boosters, and polio. I did a ton of research on the polio and felt that was a safe vaccine, but that is all my daughter has had and that is all my daughter will get. So you can call my Crazy all you want!!! I feel that for my family this was the best decision. If you want to vaccinate your children that is fine, but please know all your facts, just because they are the health care professionals does not mean they know what is best for your child. YOU are the parent!!!!
Oh and I did do Pertussis which is Whooping Cough for Minnie since she was premature, however I waited till she was older as at one time Pertussis was linked to SIDS.
My next crazy subject....
I try to use herbal remedies before any chemicals. My children get Vitamin C, Echinachea, a multi Vitamin, and fish oil in the Winter. I use natural things, I believe in our immune systems, and that taking care of them, eating properly, will keep you healthy. Other than Sinus issues for Stitch, my children are healthy. They get the common cold, who doesn't?
So there you have it.......I am one of those crazy moms everyone talks about, but just want you to know, I don't tell you you are crazy for injecting your kids with 4 chemicals at once so please don't tell me I am for wanting to keep my kids on a Natural path. We all have our own opinions!
I will be posting more about our natural way of living, I am not a freak just choose, organic lotions, organic foods, dye free scent free laundry soaps. Yes my kids can have sugar in moderate portions, I even let Stitch have an occasional soda, but my primary goal is to have a better healthier life for my family.
















1 comment:
Ricci...
You are awesome for sticking to what you believe in! You inspire me to be a healthier person for myself and my kids. Keep the knowledge coming. Knowledge is power.
Kourtney
Post a Comment