Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Celiac Disease

For the past year my poor baby girl has been struggling with tummy aches. We tried all sorts of things to help her. We recently saw a GI Specialist. They took some blood work and we got the results back today. My poor sweet baby has Celiac Disease. Now I know this is not life threatening, and that all we need to change is her diet, but I am finding myself still so sad. I am not sure if I am so sad that she has this or that for the past year she struggled with stomach aches and was in pain, and I kept feeding her foods that upset her tummy.
I am on a research overload right now. I have spent most of the day researching. I want to make sure we do this correctly so she can finally be pain free. I want her to be able to eat a meal without leaving the table with a tummy ache. She usually got to about 3 bites and then complained. I am so glad I know and can finally help her. I took her to Central Market today and we picked out lots of Gluten Free foods. She picked out some cereal, some bread, some cookies, crackers, and we even picked up a brownie mix. I ordered a cookbook off of amazon too.
Here is my sweet little girl....She is to beautiful to feel sick.









1 comment:

Sara said...

glad ya'll found out what was wrong. i know u were worried. i'm sure now things will be soo much better! =) i cant believe how beautiful she's getting. time does fly...the kiddos are growin so fast. =)