Yesterday we were at a friends Birthday Party, the kids were all playing out front and out back. It has been really wet in the yards here due to all the rain we have had the past few days. The walk way and the grass was wet. Stitch and another little boy were playing catch with a football. Stitch ran to catch the football, he was wearing flip flops and slid on the front walkway, his right shin smacked into the corner of the brick house. I didn't see everything that happened I just saw him go down and several mom's go running. He was so brave. His leg started to swell instantly, and you could see a huge knot forming. The party was in our neighborhood, so we had walked to the party. I quickly ran home with Alice to get the car and get Stitch home to put ice on it. Once he got in the car, I could see it on his face how much pain he was truly in. He was just trying to fight back the pain in front of everyone. ( Bless his heart) I called King Louie (At work) and told him I wasn't sure if it could be broke or not, he suggested I take him to the ER. We drove to Cook Childrens Hospital. Luckily he did not break his leg. He bruised the bone and is on crutches. They gave him some pain meds, and excused him from PE for a week.
Now remember he was playing on wet grass, and had on flip flops, so you can imagine how dirty his feet were when I took him in, as we went straight to the ER. I didn't realize they were so dirty until the Dr. was feeling his leg, ankle, foot, ect. He had caked mud to his toes. Gross :)
Alice was a wonderful help, when we got to the ER, the first thing she said was "you can hold my hand Stitch, that will help it feel better" so sweet. When the nurse was wheeling us back to our room, we walked past a Nurse's station, she looked right at the Nurse's and said "My brother is hurt can you help him please" it was priceless. She has been so helpful getting him whatever he needs or want. He is using it to his advantage, but she is so eager to serve him.
















1 comment:
Hope you feel better buddy!
Post a Comment